Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Bigger Picture

For a weightless blog, you'd think that title might be a pun but it's not.  I decided to not have any plastic surgery.  We can afford it but I just kept thinking of what else that could be done with that money.  I felt like it was the height of vanity for me.  I know that diet and exercise can't do anything for my breasts but what a personal sense of satisfaction I will have if I can get the rest of me into shape by myself!  I also live in a small town and didn't want anyone to know and envisioned myself wearing baggy shirts and what's the use in that?!?!  I also thought-sure, we have the money now but what if there comes a day when we don't? We'll just sit and stare angrily at my boobs!
So it is a no-go for me right now...but what I am thinking of spending some money on is a personal trainer.  I have not gained any weight in the last two weeks but I have also not lost any!

 If I could design a program for me with a personal trainer, this is what it would look like:

I live an hour out of a centre where there are personal trainers.  I would like to be able to meet with someone  once a week.  I would like them to come out to me twice in the month and I would go to meet them twice.  Part of the meeting would be weighing in and measuring, part would be working out and this is what might be different than most trainers-I'd like them to help with meal prep for the week.  All of this  I could do alone but most weight loss programs succeed when people are accountable to someone.  Plus, I am a competitive person and weekly weigh-ins with someone else would give me a kick start!

So in summary, no surgery and hopefully I can find a better place to spend that money that will benefit more people than me and I need help to get going on my way to fit for forty!

No comments:

Post a Comment