Friday, November 2, 2012

Fitness Freaks For Friday - Oxygen Magazie

I have a little magazine hoarding problem/fetish/obsession.  I love magazines!  I read fitness magazines, cooking magazines, scrapbooking magazines, general interest magazines, travel magazines, fashion magazines, gossip magazines...well, you get the picture! 

Anyways, I think that Oxygen magazine is the most consistent for serious, useable fitness and nutrition information.  I have tried (and like) M+H Hers, Fitness, Self, Shape etc. but always come back to Oxygen.  I have bought their special editions but if you keep old magazines for reference, you will find that there really is nothing new in the special editions - they are just a collection of magazine articles but they are put together in a nice format. Oxygen is active on twitter too, I follow them over there.  Their website great and I have subscribed to the digital edtion of the magazine but haven't figured out how to access it.  I am not sure about their Facebook presence but they are probably there too!  I follow them on pinterest but they don't seem to be too active...I should check it out a bit better before I say that.  My only complaint about Oxygen is that for all its preaching about "the Eat-Clean Lifestyle", there is not one advertisment for food products - they are all (IMHO) quick fix supplements and pills.  As I said, I like magazines, and in lots of other magazines - there are advertisments for foods - avacados, milk, almonds, etc. so why doesn't Oxygen get these sponsors?  Just sayin'...! 

http://www.oxygenmag.com/

Other than that - they are great!  Check them out!  I have a lot of respect for Tosca, Jaime, Stacey and the rest of the crew.  RIP Robert Kennedy.

No comments:

Post a Comment