Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Mindless eating...scary!!!

I have been thinking about journaling my food intake as everything I read says that this is a useful tool and really works  (and in an area where there is little to no consensus usually - this is pretty significant!).  Of course to make it work you have to actually do it and to date I have thought about it abut haven't done anything!  I was mentally journalling the other night and scared myself!  I seriously could not remember if I had dessert after supper or not!  I was raised with a dad that had seriously fast (and still does) metabolism so he had dessert after every meal (exculding breakfast only) and the rest of us just followed along.  So when I was reviewing my day, I thought "and what did I eat for dessert?'" and drew a blank! I seriously think that I did have something - because it would actually be unusal for me to not - but for the life of me I couldn't recall a single thing!!!  That is some scary mindless eating and it needs to stop!!!!  I need to really commit to the journalling - right at the time the food is going in my mouth - not later - right then!!!  If I can commit to that I can hopefully be more successful!!!
I tried to post the last couple nights via my BlackBerry Playbook in bed but it wouldn't work so I am a few days behind but hopefully I will be more regular here in cyber-space from now on!

No comments:

Post a Comment